Close To My Heart

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Give A Lift

Today's card is inspire by the Balloon Ride theme of paper packs and coordinated stamp set. I've been so busy lately and while I haven't been able to create, trust me I'm still able to shop. And lately I've been watercoloring most of the time, starting from distress markers to watercolor pencils and now to actual watercolor. Anyway, I got sidetracked....

This card is made using Balloon Ride Scrapbooking WOTG. The stamp set however, I used Give A Lift instead. The balloon was stamped using Desert Sand ink if I remember correctly, the sentiment I used Saddle. I also brushed the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink from Tim Holtz. I used Prismacolor watercolor pencils to color in the balloon and flowers. At first I did not think about using watercolor. I started out thinking just dry would be fine, I just wanted to give it more oomph rather than just plain stamping it. But as I kept coloring I decided I'd like to give it a richer color, make it stand out more, and that's when I decided to add a bit of water. If I were to do this again, I would've used watercolor paper. But since I only used cardstock, you'll see some edges bled, and that's my mistake. It turned out a bit too orangey, but overall, I think it's not that bad. I personally liked how it turned out! Do you?




G1075 Balloon Ride WOTG

D1581 Give A Lift


No comments:

Post a Comment