Close To My Heart

Thursday, May 8, 2014

You've Got A Friend!

I finally got my CTMH order and I can't wait to use this month's SOTM (Stamp of the Month). I made this card using Ivy Lane Cardmaking Kit. My base layer cardstock uses the Cocoa paper, then I layered it using one of the B&T papers. I cut 3.25" circle on both and used the other side of the B&T paper to fill in the whole. I wanted to show the nice contrast and feature Ivy Lane's design. I then striped the top paper design and made it into like a ribbon. But instead of wasting a whole strip I just cut small pieces to fit the top and bottom.

I stamped the sentiment "You've Got A Friend" in Chocolate ink onto Colonial White cardstock and embellished the 4 corners with the accessories that came with the kit. The kit also comes with a gold shimmer trim which I punched using a regular puncher. I then used the small circles to adorn the outside of the circle. I guess I wanted to give the sentiment a better highlight. You can't see it much from the frontal shot so I took a closer shot at it. It looks much better in person since you can see the glitter more. Unfortunately the gold shimmer trim only comes with the Ivy Lane Cardmaking Kit. How I wish I could purchase it separately!

Anyways, this month's feature Stamp of the Month - You've Got A Friend is now available and it's only $5 with a qualifying purchase of $50! More posts to come using this stamp set as it has so much cool and fun designs!



Here's a closer look so you can see the glitter.



May 2014 Stamp of the Month - You've Got A Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment