Close To My Heart

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Valentine's Day Card

It's my first time to participate on a challenge and I thought I'd join the fun over at Kiwi Lane. This is their card sketch, and I thought I'd use one of my favorite papers - Ivy Lane. I love the romantic look of this paper pack. It's retired, but I still have some left to use for cards.


And here's my version of the card. I'm not sure how these challenges work, but I took it to mean creating a card that looks like the sketch. I used Ivy Lane papers, Hollyhock cardstock for the heart, and embossed it with a Cricut embossing folder Juli's Garden and distressed it to show the white core. I embossed the buds of the flower with Cricut embossing folder Swiss Dots, inked the edges with Hollyhock ink and topped it with Heartstrings Assortment. The sentiment was stamped using Happy To Be Friends stamp set. I used Sincerely card borders, and Tiny Sweetheart set for the heart and flower.



Thanks to Kiwi Lane for the inspiration. I have to admit I haven't been using my templates much lately so this is a welcome refresher!

No comments:

Post a Comment