Close To My Heart

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Valentine's Day Tags for the Classroom

This year I'm actually early and not scrambling to make my daughter's Valentine's Day card for her class. I did something very simple this year, which is to just print and cut using my Silhouette Cameo.
I purchased these really cute printable files from Jamie Cripps, printed them on my printer and the Silhouette Cameo did the rest. It was supposed to be a quick and easy project, but the new Silhouette software seems to make everything harder. I wasted so much printer ink and cardstock, because it would perfectly print and cut one page, then after loading the next, it won't cut right. I tinkered with calibration and registration marks to no avail, and finally found the only solution was to keep shutting the machine off, restart the Silhouette studio software and do it all over again. That trick seemed to do it and I was then able to create the rest pretty easily.



Unfortunately I have to admit, I don't use the highest quality ink, thus the washed off kinda look. Either way, it's just for my daughter's class and something for the kids to enjoy. I hope you do too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment