Close To My Heart

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Coloring w/ Color Pencils - TGF

Hi everyone! So I've been pretty quiet lately, but it doesn't mean I'm not crafting. I've been occupied lately with learning to color using my color pencils. If you follow me on Facebook you know I've just recently purchase a ton of pencils. So now I have the Prismacolor 150 on top of my Spectrum Noir Blendable pencils. I've also been hooked on adult coloring so I figured why not start using these pencils to color my images like Marci, Anya and the likes. So I've been patiently practicing with the help of Kit and Clowder. I have to admit coloring using pencils takes a whole LOT of patience, of which I'm embarrassed to say I don't have. But, for the love of coloring and crafting, I've been practicing.

Here's my first project/image from The Greeting Farm. I believe her name's Cordelia. More of like an image since I haven't yet really mastered how it is to make layered cards with so many laces and flowers (and yet I call my site shabby chic!). If I only have all the time in the world! Anyway, I digress. So here's my first full colored pencil image.




I embossed the background pink cardstock using Close to My Heart's Heart Embossing Folder (Z3018). The embellishments are from Adorn It, it's the closest I have to flowers. The pierced flourish is from My Favorite Things and I used Sweet Leaf ink from CTMH to make it green. Background paper and image were both die cut using Stitched Rounded Rectangle Stax from MFT.

So for the colors, I used Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils. I followed Kit and Clowder's instructions down to the last color.

Skin - 02, 04, 07, 08, 89, 96, 100
Hair - 88, 84, 86, 95
Outfit - 1, 61, 62, 63, 116, 54
Pink Accent - 114, 34, 35, 40, 105

I used Strathmore Drawing paper, which probably isn't the best paper out there given the tooth still showing even after 3 layers of burnishing. I'm not sure if it's my pencils or paper, but my next project is to try the same image using Prismacolor pencils. This way I will know whether the problem lies with me, the paper or just the brand of pencils I used.

Hope you guys like it! Would love to hear your thoughts/advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment