Close To My Heart

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Halloween Bag Toppers

Hi everyone! Here's another halloween related post from me today. Last week I thought I was done with doing all the treat bags, but when it came to packing it for my daughter to take to school, I realized I didn't want to risk breaking the pumpkin bag handles. So I thought of placing them in plastics, and tying the bag opening with twine. But since the the clearance on top wasn't big, tying a twine was not doable, nor was tying it with washi tape. So yesterday I sucked it up and did bag toppers for each. I had so much fun creating these, granted it took some time, but I was glad to go back to basics and doing some paper crafting again.

I've been busy practicing calligraphy and brush lettering, and now iPad lettering that I haven't paper crafted in a while. Yesterday was a breath of fresh air so to speak.

I cut these file using my Silhouette Cameo and just went plain with all the cardstock. I had so much fun assembling the witch, and this is really a cute image.


I'm also happy that this project allowed me to add my hand lettering side. I personalized each with the teacher's names using brush lettering. I used Kuretake Fudegokochi pen in writing the names out. For some reason the ink of this pen seemed to have a nice dark black color on the cardstock that wasn't lost.

I am excited and hope my daughter's teachers will love their treat bags tomorrow!

Happy Halloween weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment