Close To My Heart

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Coloring with Color Pencils

Hi Everyone! I've been missing in action the last couple of weeks because I attended Copic workshop and certification classes. Add to that I've been trying to finish 2 color pencil images I've been working on.

Today I finally finished the 2nd one and thought I'd share them with you. Coloring with color pencils takes I'd say 3x the amount of time compared to alcohol markers. My personal opinion.

This is November's Tiddly Inks Create and Learn project from Kit and Clowder. I used Prismacolor Premiere Pencils to color, and a white Molotow pen for the stars and sparkles. I have to admit it took me a long time to finish this. It was a bit challenging. From the tree to the gift sack and roof, I pretty much struggled on those points. Obviously I still need a lot of improvement, but overall glad that I was able to finally finish this.

This 2nd image was December's project. This one I enjoyed coloring very much. I didn't have to redo or repeat much, and I loved coloring the transparencies in the balloons. I love the slightly monochromatic look by just using Cool Greys. I wish I have a ton of time, because this is one image I'd love to color using Copics. This image is by The East Wind, and I again used Primsacolor Premiere pencils to complete this.



It takes so much time and effort to color using color pencils, but it's so worth it. I love the focus and concentration I pour into it. It makes me more aware of details, and partly I think it trains me to have more patience, because this is definitely not a quick job.

Have a great week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment