Close To My Heart

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day

I wish I had more time to create more Mother's Day cards, but unfortunately, I can only squeeze in enough to create one for my mom and one for my aunt and another good friend whom I consider like a mom.

I used The Crafter's Workshop Daisy Cluster stencil to make the first card. I used a mix of Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Shabby Shutters, Tattered Rose and Dried Marigold. I then added some gem and pearl embellishments and stamped the sentiment using Close to My Heart's Mother's Day stamp set. I love how the mix of colors turned out!



This second card uses Taylored Expressions Rose Bouquet. I colored it using my Spectrum Noir markers. I used JG1 and JG2 for the leaves, BT2 for the baby's breaths and a mix of CR5 and CR6 for the roses I think. The vase was colored using LY1 and LY2. I did this couple of days ago and now I'm not so sure. I sponged the outside of the oval shape die cut to give it an orangey halo effect. I used Tim Holtz Dried Marigold if i'm not mistaken. The sentiment was stamped using one of CTMH's Holiday Tags.


No comments:

Post a Comment