Close To My Heart

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Washi Quilt Card

I've seen a few quilt looking cards out there and thought I'd give it a try using Washi Tape instead of scrap paper. Unfortunately, I do not sew, have no idea how to, so coming up with a very quilt-like project is almost unrealistic. I gave it a shot though, and this is how it came out.

I learned that instead of taking a short cut and having a go at it, I should've probably measured each strip to make it uniform. And probably using the same size washi tape would help, but that's for another time.

I probably used about 5 types of Washi tape. Most of them from Queen and Co, a one from the clearance bin from Hobby Lobby.

Here are what I can still remember from Queen and Co.

Trendy Tape Flowers Pink, Green
Trendy Tape Dandelion

And from We R Memory Keepers
Washi Tape Brown - It's a 2 pack that has the floral design and woodgrain pattern

The sentiment was stamped from CTMH's Joyful Birthday using Ruby Ink. I inked the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to distinguish it from the sea of Washi tape.



B1419 Joyful Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment