Close To My Heart

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lotus Theme Happy Birthday

I picked up this Hero Arts Lotus Stencil from Ellen Hutson a while back and haven't had the chance to play with it. I love how bold the pattern is and thought it would make a great background.  So I tried it this weekend, not really sure what kind of card to make. I used 2 kinds of orange on the flowers, Hero Arts Cantaloupe and Orange Soda. I wanted to stay on the same color but a different in different shades. The green leaves I used Hero Arts Soft Olive. I drew a blank after stenciling, and thought I'd add die cut flowers for dimension. As I was searching the Silhouette store, I was surprised to find Hero Arts has its own set of svg files, and this lotus pattern was one of them! I of course purchased it at once, hoping to add it to my project. I used Bazzill cardstock, not sure what color, to complement the orange shade.

I smudged some of the colors, and I apologize for the mess. The one negative I found about this particular stencil is that the plastic is so flimsy. Maybe there are some tricks out there on how to control the sponging of ink but the one thing that irritated me was that the plastic kept getting caught with the sponge. Either it's a material issue or the design forces it to be that way.

Since the card already has a pretty bold and loud background,  I just stamped a simple Happy Birthday sentiment at the bottom.



Below is the stamp set I used for the sentient.

B1419 Joyful Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment