Close To My Heart

Saturday, February 6, 2016

I Love You Baby

This month's Create and Learn uses The Paper Shelter's image "I Love You Baby". I fell in love with it. I love it so much I just had to do it again.

This was my first attempt and I used Prismacolor pencils. I kind of messed up the lanterns. I actually forgot the oval bottom and glow effect, and I wasn't so happy with how the clouds turned out. I also kind of messed up the frog and forgot to add a bit more highlight to it. I still wanted to finish it though so I kept going. I love how the hair on this girl turned out, her skin, outfit and wings. I think the water and ripples were done great too.




I was determined to do it again, because I just love this image so much. I decided to use my Spectrum Noir pencils this time. The last time I used them was July of last year I think. I got frustrated because I thought it was harder to blend, so I upgraded and got myself the full set of Prismacolor. Since then, I've always used my Prismas. For a change I thought I'd use my Spectrum Noirs again. And then I remembered why I stopped in the first place. The breakage was horrible! It feels like every time I sharpen them (I used electric sharpener), it just breaks after a go. Plus it's not as easy to blend, and the white just doesn't give the same effect as the Prismas. I still like how it turned out, except for the sky, I used Gamsol to blend it this time around.

Frankly my hands were so tired I just didn't have enough strength to blend, so I used Gamsol instead. Plus I figured it can give it a better softer look given Spectrum Noirs are hard core and not soft and creamy like Prisma.




I hope you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment