Close To My Heart

Monday, February 29, 2016

Marta's Garden

Given the chaos we are having at home, the only solace I find is being able to color a few minutes or hours at night to the hum of the air drying machine in the kitchen. I have to admit I am not a big fan of the bokeh technique, but decided to try it out anyway. I'm not sure if this is for me, but I can honestly say I had fun doing it though. Just not sure the effect is my style. Nevertheless, I learned something new with this month's class project.

Below is my finished project all colored up using Prismacolor Premier pencils. So I now own the entire sets of Prisma, Spectrum Noir, and recently Polychromos. I have yet to complete a project using Polychromos, but I can honestly say I've just about had it with my Spectrum Noirs. I'm just waiting to finish out the pens, and it will be quick given how fast the points break, and then I'll just focus on Prisma and Polychromos.


I can honestly say I am happy how this turned out. The image is called Marta's Garden and it is by Molly Harrison. Kit and Clowder's monthly pencil classes are something I look forward now. It does take perhaps 3x the time to finish something vs. alcohol markers, but I really don't mind. It is very soothing trying to color with pencils, and once you're done, to see what it can look, is really rewarding.

Hope you guys like it! 

Have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment