Close To My Heart

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Planning with Mommy Lhey Stamps

I have the weekend all to myself and what better way to spend a cool, breezy, easy Saturday morning than to plan? I've neglected it a bit because I've been busy taking some Copic coloring classes but thought I'd get around to updating now that my Mommy Lhey stamps have arrived.


Here is a picture of my haul, and as you can see I pretty much cleaned out all Mommy Lhey has to offer. I super love her designs and think they are perfect for planners! For this week's spread I used Big Brush Set, All About Me and Planner Girl.


I used a mix of Memento Tuxedo black in to stamp the ones I colored in, but for the colorful ones I used Close to My Heart's Pigment Inks. I remember in one of Mommy Lhey's videos she used Versa Color ink which is pigment ink. Since I don't have those but own the entire set of Close to My Heart's pigment inks, I finally have somewhere to use it for! These pigment inks are super squishy and wet, and a little dab goes a long way. Unfortunately unlike dye inks it takes a bit of scrubbing. Unlike other brands that I've tried before (I donated them recently), these Close to My Heart pigment inks surprisingly does not leave a color stain on the stamp. Wiping with the regular baby wipes isn't enough though, so I used the Close to My Heart Spritz cleaner to go with it. Typically you should use the stamp scrubber too, just to make sure no ink gets stuck in the grooves of the stamp, but I'm too lazy for that.


As you can see, the "yey" and the 2 planner stamps from Planner girl looks very clean, like it was unused. And I used the colors pink and yellow to stamp it. I am actually surprised at how well this Spritz Cleaner works. The cute luggage stamp I used on the previous week's spread using pink ink. I love these little pigment inks, they're inexpensive, and you don't really waste a lot, a little dab goes a long way. And it's just added bonus it has its own storage Pigment Ink Insert which also happens to fit perfectly in the Small Organizer. It fits 2 layers of the insert, but if you have 2 of the same color you can also stack them on top of each other.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my share today. Happy Weekend everyone! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment