Close To My Heart

Friday, November 29, 2013

Masculine Birthday Card

As if thinking of a creative card design isn't hard enough, I have to come up with a masculine birthday card design. I have to admit it took me quite some time, and even then at the end of the day I wasn't quite sure if this was good enough or not. A very close guy friend of mine had this birthday last August and this is what I came up with.

I used regular cream colored card stock, embossed dark brown Bazzill card stock with Cricut Happy Birthday embossing folder, added a strip of the same cream colored card stock with embossed Happy Birthday on it, making it look like it just flowed from the brown area. Then I used the most "masculine"card stock I can find as a background and die cut a scallop square. My friend is an engineer so I figured a card stock that looks like graphic paper was quite appropriate. I then stamped a birthday cake and attempted to color it with my Spectrum Noir markers. I'm also new to this so my coloring is far from even being right nor perfect. At the end of the day, what matters is my friend loved the card, and the time and effort I put into it.



No comments:

Post a Comment