Close To My Heart

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Birthday Greetings

Hello Everyone! August birthdays are still happening and here's another card I made for a dear co-worker of mine. I'm sticking with the Confetti Wishes paper theme from Close to My Heart. The paper retires next month unfortunately. I love how alive and colorful this paper is, so here I'm am trying to make as many birthday themed cards I can with it. The stamp I used for the cake is Build A Cake, also from Close to My Heart. The sentiment was stamped from a retired stamp, and I embellished with Flaxen Extra Thick Twine. I love this twine. I've used a handful of other kinds but find the extra thickness of CTMH's particularly better, and it holds better after tying, rather than the thin flimsy ones that just looks flat after.



It's a very simple card, but I wanted to highlight the glitter effect on the cake. I used some glitter powder from The Rubber Cafe which I got at the last Scrapbook Expo. I used The Rubber Cafe's Scrap Happy Glue just like they demo'd at the show floor. It comes out pretty nice, I love how sparkly the cake looks. The glue was great, I just did not like the extra step of having to wash out my stamps in soap and water afterwards. And warning, it does get sticky on the hands. This glue gets really sticky.

So here's the stamp set I used.

D1618 Build A Cake
And here's what the Confetti paper pack looks like. Hurry if you still want to get your hands on this paper!


Happy Birthday to you my good friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment