Close To My Heart

Friday, April 18, 2014

Thinking of You Egg Tote

I wanted to do a last Easter project so I thought of making an Egg shape tote. But halfway through the project I changed my mind and switched to a more generic theme, Thinking of You. I still used egg shape cut to make the tote but decided to change the paper. I used a sheet from the Jubilee paper pack and the wavy border accent came from my scraps of Ariana paper.   At first it didn't seem like the paper matched, maybe I'm having an off creative day today. But as I added a plain yellow ribbon and the stamp sentiment, it all came together somehow. I used a stamp from Jeanette's Archive Friendly Thoughts and used Tim Holtz distress markers and water colored the image. I used Faded Jeans as the background so the blue will tie in with the Ariana paper border. I love Tim Holtz Distress markers! I used a regular water brush (now my favorite tool) to color the whole thing in. The flowers and leaves were colored using Mowed Lawn and Barn Door. I used Mustard Seed for the little dots so the yellow will somehow tie in with the ribbon color. And the last touch was to mark the edges using Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink.

You'll have to forgive my ribbon as my fingers aren't so adept in making them. Maybe it's time to get one of those ribbon making spools thing....



Here is an image of the stamp I used.

A1154 Friendly Thoughts

Here's how the back side looks like.



No comments:

Post a Comment