Close To My Heart

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hello Love

The card I made today is inspired by a Silhouette cut file that I own. I changed up or tweaked the design a teeny weeny bit. For this card I used Cocoa cardstock and a B&T paper from Ariana paper pack. I added a couple more accent strips with scalloped border to create more contrast.

The flower and sentiment were stamped using Hello Blooms stamp set. I used Indian Corn Blue, which is a really nice color, but my husband kinda raised his eyebrows with this card I made today. Normally he'd say "that's cute!", but today, I got a raised eyebrow instead. Then again when he said it I hadn't completed the accent border pieces yet so who knows right? So my 2nd choice of ink color would've been something green, perhaps Pear or Topiary, but I'm feeling a bit adventurous today so I went with something unconventional. 

I love Hello Blooms, it is one of my have to have stamp set. The flowers are so cute! And this stamp set uses the Cricut Artiste to cut the flower shapes. I have to admit I'm not a pro at that, and obviously still need a lot of practice, but I still like the look of layered the flowers on top of each other to create a bit of a dimension. Check out the image below to see what other pretty flowers are on this stamp set.






No comments:

Post a Comment