Close To My Heart

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Gone Fishing

There are a couple of people I know that I'd love to give this card to, featuring Luka from La-La Land Crafts. This stamp set is called Gone Fishing Luka, and I used Chameleon Pens to color in the image.
I will most likely do another one, and will post that soon.
For this card, I used CTMH Seaside paper as background, and die cut scallop waves at the bottom. Unfortunately the scallop shape I think it's not so clear. I was sort of hoping for water effect.

I love how Chameleon pens take out the guesswork in blending colors. For the hat and Luka's hair I just used BR5, and mixed a bit of BR2. I did not quite get the skin tone right, and ended up adding more layers hence making it a bit too pink. I used NU1 mostly, but messed up with I added a bit much of PK3 to the cheeks hoping to give it a pink flush. I love how the jumper and shirt worked though, for those I used OL3 for the shirt, and BL6 for jumper. The fish and the bait can was colored using CG8, so were the worms, but I added in a hint of PK3 to sort of make it look a bit real. The fish lips was just R04. The seashell was stamped from CTMH's Treasured Friendship stamp set.



This week I took the plunge and finally purchased Copic sets. I will have the weekend to play with them, and hopefully come up with better techniques and coloring projects. I certainly have the stamps to use. Hopefully my next Luka will have a better skin tone. In the meantime, try and enjoy this! :) Hahaha!

Here's the Seaside paper packet.

X7192B Seaside Paper Packet

And here's the stamp set I used for the seashell.

C1594 Treasured Friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment