Close To My Heart

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Gorjuss - Thinking of You

Hi  Everyone! First of I apologize for my super looong absence. So much stuff has happened to me in the last month that this hobby of mine had  to take a back seat. On the other hand, I have been coloring a lot lately. I've finally purchased my very own set of Copics, and have spent quite some time trying to learn and getting the hang of it. That, and I also recently acquired Spectrum Noir Aqua. If you follow my blog you know I'm a big Spectrum Noir user, so when they came out with Aqua I just have to have it!

Today's card uses a stamp set from Gorjuss. I believe it's Ruby. I am obsessed with a few brands lately, namely Gorjuss and La-La Land. So anyway, this card features Ruby, and I used Spectrum Aqua to color her. I'm actually quite surprised at how great the Aqua pens are. The colors are so vibrant, and mixing the colors was pretty easy. I've tried a version of this using Distress Markers but I wasn't able to achieve the look I wanted. There were too many water marks that's too distracting, so I switched to trying out the Aqua instead. And boy was I so pleased!



So, I used Crimson and Burgundy for her dress and shoes, Peach for her skin tone with a touch of Topaz, and for her hair I used a mixture of Sepia and Terracota I believe. I used Black for the stripes on her socks. The swing was colored using Fawn. For the background I used Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers Distress Ink with a mix of Frayed Burlap. As you can see coloring Ruby with the Spectrum Noir Aqua looks pretty clean, but when it came to the background using Distress Markers, you can see the water marks and it actually bled to her socks too. I have yet to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I used a La-La Land border die for the side border, and stamped the sentiment using Lawn Fawn's Chit Chat.

I love all of Gorjuss' stamps. I think she's just too cute! Not to mention it comes in a very very pretty case too! I buy mine from MarkerPop, they seem to have a more complete collection of Gorjuss stamps.

More to come! Hope you guys like it! It's not perfect, but I promise to keep practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment