Close To My Heart

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Happy Birthday Embossed Card

Hi All! Today I'm sharing a card that I learned from a Jennifer Mcguire video. I've always wanted to try Pearl-Ex but didn't really know what to do with it. Then I saw Jennifer's video and thought I'd make a quick birthday card for a co-worker of mine whom I didn't know celebrated his birthday on the 1st of Sept.



I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks Blueprint Sketch and Mermaid Lagoon since this card is for a guy. I blended the colors as best I could, but in hindsight could've probably inked less. I brushed  Micropearl Pearl Ex on top of it, then used the Cricut Happy Birthday Embossing Folder to emboss the card. Instead of applying a sentiment, I decided against it given the folder is already heavily texted. I decided to just go clean and simple. Sometimes, less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment