Close To My Heart

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Paper Garden Just Because

I've been coloring too much lately and thought I'd take a break and make a card out of Close to My Heart's stamp of the month set. I love this Paper Garden set. I think it has this vintage look to it, and you can stamp it with so much color or just go monotone or give it a bit of a muted tone. Either way it's such a pretty stamp.




I've recently bought more Faber Castell Gelatos and have been using it partly as watercolor in my coloring craze. I love how versatile these Gelatos are, and they are perfect for backgrounds. You get to mix and match as many color combos as you like, make it as vibrant or as subtle as you like. So the background is a mix of Lemon and Butterscotch gelatos.

I stamped the flower with Versamark ink, heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. And then I used Jacquard Pearl Ex Pigment Powder to paint over the stems, leaves and flower. I love the way it turned out! You can't see the shimmer in the photo, but I swear it's there. I just love how it turned out! Lastly I embellished with a few gold sequins.

Hope you guys like it too! If you're interested in this stamp set, here's what it looks like. Remember it's only available for this month of September! Grab it while you still can! 

S1509 Paper Garden

Don't you just love it? I'm really a sucker for floral stamps...

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment