Saturday, September 12, 2015


I am so happy that I've finally finished coloring this piece! It took me almost  a month, with a couple of hours here and there, and a lot of giving ups in between thinking whether to start over or not, before I finally came to an end and finished the entire thing! I love love love how the brick wall turned out. Trust me it did not look like that even halfway through it, which scared the hell out of me. But I tried to keep going, until I was satisfied by it. 

To my surprise, the brick wall was not even the hardest part of this piece. I had a hard time with the hair and the wings, and struggled a bit on the night sky. The details were so tiny it was hard to do cast shadows. I will most definitely try again and will redo this. 

I used Strathmore 300 Series Drawing Pad and it has way too much tooth (?), too much effort to do the layers, but it has also allowed me to keep on layering until I got it right. I guess what I'm trying to say is despite the effort, it's a bit forgiving? Sorry guys, not really an artist so I'm still trying to learn the difference in papers, weight, texture and medium.

I have already reprinted this Twilight image by Crafts and Me onto a Strathmore 400 Series Colored Pencils pad, and the print turned out much better. The lines on the angel's wings are much more defined, so I'm excited to redo it again. I'm also excited to try on my Derwent Coloursoft on a full image like this so I can compare the outcome to the Prismacolor Premier

This is courtesy of Kit and Clowder's August Create and Learn Pencil class. I am so addicted with all this coloring. If you're a fan of it, check out Kit and Clowder and pick whatever is your favorite medium.

Can't wait to get started again!

No comments:

Post a Comment