Close To My Heart

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Get Well Soon

My mom's been feeling under the weather lately so I thought I'd make a card for her. I decided to break in my Spectrum Noir blendable colored pencils today, and I used Taylored Expressions Mixed Blooms stamp set. I watched a DVD on how to use the blendable pencils and I hate to admit it but it literally took me hours to color this. I've been coloring a lot using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, I've colored a good number of images already but I think I can safely say I've never achieved depth like this. Granted it's not perfect, but after coloring my 1st image, I can say I know where I need to improve. Holding the pens, the stroke and the technique will take time, but having said that, I am pleased with how my 1st image turned out.

I own all 5 tins, and the image below is colored from the Essentials, Primaries, Florals and Nature sets. I picked colors from each, just so I can test the colors that each tin represents, the differences in greens, purples and pinks. I'm happy how it turned out, but I'm dying to practice more!

Card base is kraft, background and textured papers are from Ki Memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment