Close To My Heart

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Rest Relax Repeat

I finally got the chance to do a card using the new Cricut Artfully Sent cartridge. There's so many designs to choose from I didn't know where to start! I picked one that I can give to a good friend of mine. He's been feeling under the weather lately and no matter how often I tell him to take a break from work and rest, he still keeps going. I saw this design and thought this is so appropriate for him!

I used a plain white cardstock to cut the scene, then I sponged the clouds, raindrops and the rest of the card with Sky ink, I masked the flower and sponged it with Saddle ink for the stem, a mix of Saddle and Buttercup for the buds, and a light sponge of Whisper for the petals. I used Sweet Leaf for the leaves and to add dimension to the front of the card, I stamped and cut a few butterflies from the stamp set Your Own Kind of Wonderful. Each butterfly was stamped using Thistle, Sorbet, Honey and Pacifa.



Here's what the inside of the card looks like. I stamped the sentiment Get Well using the stamp set Sincere Expressions. This card was so easy to make! The only thing that took time for me was sponging it with different colors, and of course cutting the butterflies. I wanted it to be colorful and I hope it projects a happy mood, so my friend can feel better somehow, or lift his spirits somehow.


The Cricut Artfully Sent is now available for purchase. If you're a card maker, you can't go wrong with this. It is so worth it! Check out the complete package below. It comes with 3 sets of stamps and a pack of White Daisy cardstock. Get yours now! 

Z3017 Cricut Artfully Sent Cartridge

Here's a look at the stamp sets I used.

D1627 Your Own Kind of Wonderful

A1146 Sincere Expressions

No comments:

Post a Comment