Close To My Heart

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Catching Up on Scrapbooking

Last Saturday I attended The Busy Bee's Falling for Scraps team event by invitation from my good friend Sandie Alford. Her awesome team organized the event and I was very lucky to have participated. We did 7 make and take projects, and I came out inspired, and pumped to actually finish my scrapbook layouts. I had a layout from August that I was not able to finish and was not able to offer together with my card workshop.

Here's my completed August Chalk It Up Scrapbook Layout. I tweaked the design a little bit from the intended Chalk It Up WOTG Scrapbooking kit. I tried to add in more picture slots, because personally I'm the type who wants to load the pages with pictures. I also threw in a Chalk It Up Picture My Life card in there to show just how versatile that kit is. All the cuts used Cricut Artbooking cartridge.



My September Scaredy Cat Scrapbook Layout is inspired by Sandie herself. I added in some borders and embellishments from the August Stamp of the Month What A Hoot. I did the 2nd page and tried to continue on the theme from the 1st. I added in the Dracula image from Creepy Creatures stamp set, just to make it more fun. I gave them a dash of color by using Shin Han Peony Purple and Light Orange markers. I love love this stamp set!! Everything else is cut using Cricut Artbooking cartridge.



I can't wait for Halloween. My daughter wants to be Elsa from Frozen. Probably not fit for this layout but who knows, kids, they always change their minds! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment