Close To My Heart

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Birthday Tea Card

I made this card for one of my daughter's teachers. Tomorrow's her day and I thought I'd make something nice for her. My daughter adores her and looks forward to cooking class with her every week. At first I meant to do a 2-in-1 congratulations on a baby and birthday card, but I got sidetracked following MFT's Wednesday Sketch Challenge I decided to just do the birthday card alone.

Here's the sketch that inspired me to come up with this card.


And here is what I came up with. I used a recently bought stamp from the Scrapbook Expo. This is from Taylored Expressions, and it's called In Other Words - Tea. I had fun coloring this tea party setting with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers. I used Rectangle Stitched Die STAX from MFT for the tea stamp, and a Sizzix die for the sentiment tag. 



Happy Birthday Ms. Christina!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet card! Love how you anle the main image. It create such a fun point of interest. Glad to have you play alonng with us at MFT Challenge.

    ReplyDelete