Close To My Heart

Monday, March 30, 2015

Playing With Retro Marci

My latest obsession is La-La Land Crafts Marci & Luka stamps. I first encountered them at the recent Scrapbook Expo and now I'm hooked. I'm resisting the urge to complete every image, and will wait for a good sale to collect as much as I can.

In the meantime, I decided to purchase 1 digi stamp (Retro Marci) just to try out coloring it. 

I again used Spectrum Noir, ShinHan and Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I will soon try it with my new Spectrum Aqua. And since that's my new aquisition, I will create a separate post just reviewing the new pens.

Here are my sample color projects. Surprisingly I'm not a big fan of how Spectrum Noir alcohol markers turned out. The ShinHan ones were more vibrant, and blended better. The Chameleon pens I'm still trying to get the hang of it, so the skin tones  aren't smooth. However color wise it did not disappoint either. 



This one below used Tim Holtz distress markers. I badly need practice. Add to that since this is a digi stamp, my guess is watercolor and printer toners do not mix well, hence the dark skin tone shade.


More to come. Let me know what you think. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment