Close To My Heart

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last Christmas Related Post

Before the year ends, I'd like to share some of the last minute projects I made. This should remind me to get things done earlier next year, to better prepare and not rush at the last minute.

Here's a tag I made for my daughter's teachers. I attached these to the gifts I gave her teachers. I used La-La Land's Pretty Poinsettia Dies. Background paper I believe is from Echo Park's Home for the Holidays paper pack.



Another quickie last minute card I made is a quick cut of Lori Whitlock's Flip Ornament file. I used White Pines paper from Close to My Heart. This paper was such a big hit the paper packs are sold out already I think. Last I checked the site there's no more White Pines paper pack available. I'll have to keep my eye out on that one.
You can't see from the picture, but I used a gold shimmer cardstock on the ornament so it has a nice sheen to it. I used Crafter's Companion gold shimmer cardstock. I love the shimmer cardstock from Crafter's Companion. They come in so many colors, tAnd I topped the ornament with a silver glitter paper from some scraps I have.



This was super easy and fast to make. And who doesn't love a swing card right?

And last but not the least, a Christmas tree card. I used White Pines paper for the background and for the tree dies I used La-La Land's Christmas Tree Die and layered it with the Fancy Christmas Tree Die. I then adorned it red and white blings since my themed for my own Christmas tree this year is red and gold. I added some gold shimmer trim on the side to accentuate the tree.



After coloring for such a long time I do miss these plain no stamping or minimal stamping projects. Sometimes less is really more.

Hope you guys had a wonderful Chrismtas and Happy New Year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment