Close To My Heart

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Make A Wish!

It feels good to be able to pick up my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers again and do some good old coloring fun. For this birthday card I used a regular 5x7 American Crafts gray card stock as a mat. DCWV's 6x6 Eat Cake stack has this colorful polka dot fun looking design which I used as a base. Since the background is too loud I layered it with white scrap paper which I punched borders around using We R Memory Keepers Doily themed punched. I then used Cricut's Something to Celebrate cartridge to cut out the "make a wish" sentiment and gift. And my highlight is the Penny Black  Birthday Girl Big Wish stamp set I colored. I love Penny Black's girl stamp sets since they look so jolly, cheerful and they are so much fun to color.

For the hair I blended the Browns  (GB8/10 and EB5). I used the Reds (CR8/10/11) for the hair ribbons except for the middle button which I decided to use a lighter shade as contrast (PP3). For the dress I used the darker shade of Red for the polka dots (DR5/7) and Pinks (PL1/BP2) for the main dress itself. For the Skin tone I must have gone back and forth with the Pale Hues (FS2/FS3) and Yellow CT1, and to top it off I added a light touch of Essentials EB1. The Icing on the cake was colored using Yellow (CT2/1), with the cake itself using Browns (EB5/GB8). Since this birthday cake is for a guy, I decided to color the cake brown for chocolate (his favorite flavor), and the serving platter a touch of blue (TB1). The candle flame was colored using GB5 for an orange glow, and just TB9 for the candles. I haven't colored in a while so forgive me if it seems a bit off. I am obviously lacking in practice, as I seem to have spent so much time lately revisiting my Cricut cartridges and obsessing with K&Company's Smash books.




No comments:

Post a Comment