Close To My Heart

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Oh Happy Day!

I thought I'd make use of some of my scraps to make a birthday card today. I was inspired by one of the card patterns from the Originals book, but I tweaked it a bit since I did not have a lot of embellishments on hand. The scrap paper I used came from Colorbok Hootenany Designer Paper collection. It's a cheap pad I got from Wal-Mart some time ago. The pink was just an ordinary Recollections card stock. The flower embellishments were die cuts using Stephanie Barnard's latest products Mini Flower Dies. I absolutely love love these dies! They are just so cute! I topped them with some brads I got for free.

I embossed the top of the cupcake using my Cuttlebug and used actual cupcake wrapper on the bottom. I couldn't quite get the effect I wanted using the design on my Artiste cartridge so I decided to just use the real thing then! I used a white card stock and Tim Holtz Tattered Rose distress ink for the cupcake background, then stamped the stitch design using CTMH's Stitch Wonder stamp set. I then added some red and white stones and stamped Oh Happy Day sentiment from CTMH's Cricut Artiste Celebration stamp set.

Hope you all like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment