Close To My Heart

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Skylark Pinwheel

I just got the retired Pinwheel stamp of the month set from another consultant and got excited to use it. I've been challenged by the Skylark paper design and so I thought I'd give it another shot. The layout of this card was inspired by a Kiwi Lane layout using Sentiments and Rings. I am a big fan of Kiwi Lane and use them primarily when I do my scrapbooking layouts. They have the mini versions which you can also use for card making and sometimes when I'm in a hurry or stumped for ideas, I grab my Kiwi Lane kits.

I inked the edges of all pieces using Tim Holtz Old Paper ink just to give it a little vintage look since that's what comes to my mind whenever I see the Skylark papers. I probably inked a bit too much on the circle while I was watching TV and just got lazy correcting it so bear with me on that please. The Pinwheel was stamped using Desert Sand and the sentiment using Saddle. I love CTMH inks as they coordinate easily with the papers. They are easy to clean too and makes really good impressions once you stamp.



Here is the stamp set that I used. It is retired so it's not available on my store anymore but if you're interested leave a comment and I'll find one for you. The papers are available on my site for your purchase.

Pinwheel (S1305)


No comments:

Post a Comment