Close To My Heart

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Gift Tower

Made a quickie birthday card for a co-worker of mine. Used scraps I have and a Hero Arts Birthday Gift stamp. Colored it using a mix of Memento Markers and Distress Markers. I just got my first set of Distress Inkers today and thought I'd try them out. I've heard so much about it but I have to say I was disappointed by it. The colors weren't that vibrant, and I found myself using the Memento Markers to color over it again. I will have to work on that again. Maybe I have to use watercolor paper? Not sure.

Anyways, here's my birthday card. I background pink paper I think was from one of the DCWV stack. It was leftover scrap for when I did my daughter's birthday party favors tags. I rounded the corners of the tag and embellished with a couple of gemstones hoping to make it pop.


No comments:

Post a Comment