Close To My Heart

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Love You

Today I finally gave in and tried the Lollydoodle paper pack. My stash arrived earlier this week and I've been looking at it but didn't feel like opening it. It was too pretty to look at I just wanted to keep and preserve it! The Lollydoodle has such an amazing design, so unique and fun and "spring-y" if you know what I mean. Though I am lucky to live in California (as long as I don't think about the taxes) and not go through the polar vortex, I think I also want for Spring to arrive. And what better way to represent that than to take out and use these Lollydoodle papers! Anyway, this is going to be quick as this was meant to be a quick on the go card. However I must admit I was stumped in making the ribbon. I know I know, it looks so simple yet with just my no-so-deft fingers, it did take awhile to get to the right size without wasting too much ends, and pinning it down on the paper. So, regular brown ribbon to go with the regular scrap brown paper I had left, stamped both sentiments using Cocoa Ink and attached little flowery brands on my "love you" sentiment to add dimension other than the ribbon. Since the background paper is a bit loud, I chose to minimize and not add any more dimensional elements to it. I used 2 stamp images. The 2x2 sized YOU ARE THE stamp is from Lollydoodle WOTG Cardmaking Kit and the "Love You' sentiment is from Affection stamp set. All supplies available at my store so I hope you'll like it and pop in to shop!


Here's the stamp set I used to stamp the "love you" sentiment. Isn't it cute? I can think of a million other ways to use this!

Affection (C1441)
Here's the kit I used for this card.

Lollydoodle WOTG Cardmaking Kit (G1080)




No comments:

Post a Comment