Close To My Heart

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Hello There!

Today I got inspired to do a cheerful Spring themed card using the Lollydoodle paper line. I found out a friend of mine was diagnosed with the big C and felt really sad. Instead of creating a get well soon sad reminder kind of card (which I originally thought of), I went with something cheerful instead.

This is a 5"x7" card since putting the owl on a branch with the bunch of flowers at the bottom needed a bit more room so I made it a bigger card base. I used 2 layers for this card, both from the same B&T paper which I just layered back and forth to create a decorative frame for my picture. I stamped all my pieces first starting from the bottom up. Flowers first, then tree bark, then owl. I did the sentiment at the very last and used a Sizzix die (can't remember which set it's part of) to cut it. After stamping I used Pear Ink to work my way up so it'll have a grassy look. I was careful not to rub in too much or make too big of a circular pattern so it wouldn't affect my flowers too much. I used Sky Ink for the sky, and made the out edges of the sky seem a bit darker. As I worked my way in I tapped on the ink pad only once, just so I get a very light clear day looking type of clear blue sky. After that I started coloring the flowers and shrubs. I used a mix of Spectrum Noir markers and just plain colored them. Since the images are too small shading probably wouldn't matter much in this case. But then again what do I know I'm not really an alcohol marker expert yet. I did color the tree branch with a little more brown just to give it more color 'up there'. And on the sentiment tag, I did a couple of passes of color on the background of the card stock using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tattered Rose. Just very lightly, so it doesn't strike as plan, and then I inked the edges of the tag a bit heavily. I used Sorbet Ink to stamp the sentiment.





For this card I used:
A Flowering Bunch (S1306)
Owls (B1450)

Lollydoodle WOTG Cardmaking Kit (G1080)

No comments:

Post a Comment