Close To My Heart

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Cloud 9 Birthday Cupcake

For some reason the Cloud 9 cardmaking kit has been calling my attention lately. Maybe it's because the paper's bright orange color with teal accent is so appealing I can't seem to get it out of my head. So I went back and tried to do something about it. I know it's retired and it's not available for purchase anymore but rather than stash it maybe I'll just use it all up. As you're probably familiar with it by now, the papers are from Close to My Heart (CTMH), the gold polka dot Washi Tape also came as part of the kit. That is still available for purchase. The brads I can't remember where I got them from, and the stamp is a Penny Black Sweet Thing which I got from Amazon ages ago.

I used Spectrum Noir pens to color, forgive me I'm not an expert but I wish to one day be able to master the art of alcohol markers. For hair and cupcake I used GB8, GB10 and EB5, for the cupcake wrapper and frosting I used CT1 CT3 CT4 and OR1. For the girl's head piece, clothes and socks I used PP3 PP5 BP2 BP6 and DR3. The accent on her clothing I used BT1 and BT2. And for the skin tone I used colors from the Pale Hues family, a mix of FS6 FS2 FS3.

The happy birthday sentiment was stamped using CTMH's Sorbet ink if i'm not mistaken.





No comments:

Post a Comment