Close To My Heart

Monday, March 24, 2014

Birthday Box Card

I took advantage of the 50% off promotion Silhouette has ongoing until the end of March. I stocked up on some box cards and some other SVG designs I have on my wish list. I’ve always wanted to make one of these and try my hand at it. It’s supposed to be quick, but I have to admit it took me awhile and at the last minute I switched to chipboard adhesives and puff stickers that I have in my stash. It was too cumbersome to cut the small cake and gift box images and I didn’t feel like wasting paper on a super tiny image. Making the box and pieces were quick and easy, it’s cutting the small files that got too much for me. This is a Lori Whitlock design, and for the decorative paper I used a mix of DCWV and American Crafts. The base is Recollections cardstock. This card folds into an A2 size, which is super convenient as I don’t have to make a custom envelope for it. It folds flat after which is super cool! I’m sending this one to my mom for her birthday and I hope she’ll love it! I use Photoshop to clean up my image since I took it last night and the really dark background and shadows didn’t look great. I’m not an expert in Photoshop so forgive the little messes here and there.





No comments:

Post a Comment