Close To My Heart

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Joyful Wishes

The stamp set I'm using today is one of my favorites from this Spring/Summer catalog. When I saw the stamps on that page, I just had to get them all! This stamp set is called Joyful Wishes and in the Idea Book it was used as a decoration for a party favor box front. I wanted to use mine on a card, so here goes my rendition.



It's not perfect. As you can see I pretty much messed up on stamping the arrows. It was my fault as it was a last minute thing. I did not originally mean to have those there but at the last minute decided I'd like to use my Flight of Arrows stamp set to good use. At first I only wanted to do the bottom, but then after I stamped the bottom it looked iffy, so to even it out I decided to just stamp the top. But at that point, I had already adhered my sentiment with brads and all, so getting the block to stamp the arrows perfectly was kind of hard. Of course I tried to clean it up but the more mess I got. So lesson learned, next time lay everything out first and test on a piece of paper before doing the actual card. 

Ok, so for this card I used Bazzill green cardstock as my base, Amerian Crafts gray card stock from the Neutrals pack as the layer. For the sentiment layer I used Ariana paper as the background. The sentiment is Joyful Wishes which I stamped using Slate ink. I colored it in using Spectrum Noirs, mixed of lights and pastels. I attached 4 brads on the corners to make it look like a poster. I then die cut the scallop borders using my Spellbinders dies. And my last minute add on was the Flight of Arrows 'border'. 

Here are the stamp set images. I just love Joyful Wishes

A1152 Joyful Wishes

D1578 Flight of Arrows


No comments:

Post a Comment