Close To My Heart

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hello Wonderful..Happy Place

This month's stamp of the month is Happy Place. I just love this stamp set! Isn't it just adorable? Add to that I love coloring! I will be honest, it took awhile to color it, but maybe because I was coloring multiple images at the same time. I stamped different images and tried different colors until I found the one I liked.

I could have probably made 4 cards out of the images I stamped but for now, here are the 2 cards I made. Note that this is my first time to actually stitch on a card. I just got my stitch guide last week and I'm using it for the first time. Boy was it a challenge! Maybe I will get better if I do it more often. But it sure did take up as much time as it did coloring to get the stitches in, and it's not perfect. For that I apologize.

For my first card I used retired paper Claire on a Recollections tan cardstock. I stamped the Russian doll image and colored it using my Spectrum Noir markers. I used a mix of Pinks, Oranges, Turquoise and Tan markers. Sorry I can't name the specific marker numbers as I was winging it. I was trying to find the right combination of orange and turquoise so  I was experimenting as I color. The sentiment is from the stamp set  Hello Wonderful and is available on my site.





My second card also uses the Claire paper, this time I used the 3 tiny Russian doll images instead. The sentiment came from the same Happy Place stamp set and the whole thing is layered using a Recollections plain purple cardstock. The images were also colored using my Spectrum Noirs.



Don't you just love this stamp set? Especially if you love to color like I do. If you want to get your hands on this Stamp of the Month, all you need is to shop $50 worth of Close to My Heart goodies and this Happy Place stamp set can be yours for just $5! 

Take a look at what else you can do with it. I'm in love with this set and I can't wait to create other stuff with it. I have that journal box that's just sitting there in plain white waiting for me to dress it up!


S1403 March SOTM


No comments:

Post a Comment