Close To My Heart

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Scrapbook Expo Weekend

I spent the last 2 days at the Anaheim Scrapbook Expo and was lucky enough to have a supportive hubby who tagged along. I found a lot of good deals and was able to stock up on my supplies. Not that I was missing anything to begin with, but as you probably all know too well, we can never have enough of everything. I opted out on classes this time around and didn't attend any workshops. Last time I attended some I thought it was a waste of time and money. This just gave me more time to roam around and not have to worry about leaving my hubby for an hour or two waiting for me to come out of class. Believe it or not we got there at 830am Friday and didn't leave until 4pm. Time just flew by so fast next thing I know hubby's dragging my arm because he did not want to get stuck in Friday afternoon traffic.

I scored some great deals on paper, gosh not that I don't have enough of them! I also got a lot of embellies from Adorn It. I love love love their stuff! $1 each embellishment if you buy 20, plus 2 free embellishment of your choice and they gave out this really really cute bag!

I of course stopped by Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life booth and got a couple of coordinating stamp sets that I've been wanting to collect. Then I went crazy with paper stick straws. I must have gotten like 8-10 packs of it, 24each per pack. I've been wanting to buy some but they seem to be more expensive elsewhere. I didn't have the patience to keep going back for 40% off coupon everyday just to collect the colors.

I also got me some cute Lawn Fawn stamps and dies. Too bad they ran out of the Elephant dies, that was disappointing. I did not get the new Hello Sunshine stamp set but after thinking about it, when I went back, it was all sold out! Bummer! Guess it was not meant to be! The show was having a Buy 3 get 1 Free stamps and dies and I took that opportunity. Buying it there saves me on shipping plus I get 1 Free.

Lastly, I splurged on some Washi tapes. Yes, Washi tapes. Like I need more Washi tapes right? I probably already 45 rolls in front of me right now and I just added another 38 from Queen and Co. The designs were too cute to resist! Plus the box they're giving away fits the tapes perfectly and I preferred it more than the dispenser. I also went ga-ga over the epoxy bubbles, or as they call it, Jellies and Jawbreakers. Bought 12 and they gave a pretty storage album for free. Here are some of the pictures.





Hubby and I  had so much fun. We were dead tired and exhausted by the time we got home but it was all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment