Close To My Heart

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Thinking of You

New day, new card. When will I ever get to finish my scrapbooking pile?? I keep getting dragged into making cards and it is so addicting!!

For today's card I made a simple Thinking of You card using a stamp from Jeanette's Archives. This stamp is called Friendly Thoughts and is available for purchase at my store. The card is standard A2 size and I used Skylark paper packet. Skylark has a design that's so 'universal' you can't go wrong using it for any theme!

I stamped using Cocoa ink directly onto the Skylark paper that has the chevron looking design on the background. I then cut out the center piece that has the sentiment "Thinking of You". I then inked the edges of the frame I created after cutting the center. I used Tim Holtz Antique Linen to achieve the dark edges. The middle portion or inside portion of the frame was a bit harder so I slightly used a sponge dauber to work it in somehow. It's not obvious from the picture, you have to hold it up to see. I didn't want it going over the sentiment. I re-stamped the whole stamp again onto a plain white Neenah card stock, cut out the middle portion so I can make the whole thing look like a picture frame. I added a splash of color using my Spectrum Noir markers, just single colors since the image is too small for me to blend. I also added a chipboard flower element from the Skylark Complements and Baker's Twine to finish off the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment