Close To My Heart

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Congratulations on New Home

By now it's obvious I love to color. No matter how many times I keep saying my next project will involve my Cricut cartridges, I still keep coloring. My card today is a Congratulations theme for a friend of my husband's. They're having a celebration next weekend for the new home they bought and I thought I'd prepare this in advance. Yes I used a retired Close To My Heart stamp set again but who could resist this? When I first started out as a consultant this was on my list of must haves. I thought about the current Camper Crazy but it just didn't look right for this occasion.

So, I used Around the Block and colored it using my Spectrum Noirs. I used a mix of Skin Tones, Browns, Tans and Gold Brown colors to complete the house color. The grass is what I had leftover from my previous project. The tree beside the house is also from a retired stamp set named Treetops. The butterflies are from A Tree and the sentiment I believe came from Casual Expressions.

I used Topiary for the tree leave and Cocoa for the bark, Black for the "Congratulations" sentiment, and a mix of Sorbet, Pear, Saddle and Sweet Leaf for the butterflies. I hope my hubby's friend will like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment