Close To My Heart

Friday, March 7, 2014

You Are Truly Amazing - Ivy Lane

There are some paper designs that are truly so beautiful you get this certain pull to keep using it or stare at it. Ivy Lane is one of those so here's another card where I'm featuring its awesomeness.

I cut a 3" circle in the middle of this 4.5"x5.5" B&T paper, then used the Cocoa paper and cut another circle, this time I think it was 2-7/8", slightly smaller, and I used the other side of the B&T circle I cut as the 3rd layer. I lined them up so the circle looks staggered. I then used this flower from A Flowering Bunch stamp set and colored it in multiple shades of pink, lavender, orange and yellow. The die cut is from Cricut Artiste I believe, and I stamped on a Colonial White cardstock. I colored the flowers using a variety of my Spectrum Noir markers. Since this is not about coloring I won't go into details of which colors I used, but if you're interested leave me a message and I'll be more than happy to share. I sponged or brushed Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink on the edges of the cardstock so it blends with the other colors of the flower. I love A Flowering Bunch stamp set. It was last year's stamp of the month and I was able to get my hands on it from a fellow consultant. It has so many designs that you can use repeatedly. I especially love the garden of flowers piece that's part of this set.

The sentiment came from the You Are stamp set, also from last year's Stamp of the Month series. Both sets are now retired. If you want them send me a message and I can find those for you. I used Colonial White cardstock and Saddle ink to stamp, and hand cut the "You Are Truly" sentiment. The "Amazing" sentiment was die cut using a Sizzix banner die from one of Stamps of Life's Sizzix die and stamp sets.  I embellished the 2 corners with sequin dot assortment that came with the Ivy Lane Cardmaking WOTG kit.

Enjoy!




The retired stamp sets I used are A Flowering Bunch and You Are.

S1306 A Flowering Bunch 

S1204 You Are
Ivy Lane WOTG Cardmaking Kit


No comments:

Post a Comment